Total Pageviews

Friday, May 22, 2009

what will YOU be doing??

There is something about a holiday weekend that is so liberating. Just the thought of having an extra day off from work is awesome!!!! Its almost enough to make me overlook all the millions of things I should be trying to get caught up on around this place!!! Like the other rooms I still need to get painted and the yard that needs some more attention...like the flowers I still need to plant and the dog that needs a hair cut!!! and the ooooohhhhhh for now I'm just going to forget about it all!!!! It doesn’t matter. Because it is a long weekend, it means that I have three whole days off from my job. Three days to be in and out of the sunshine, three days to listen to my music, and three days to take an afternoon nap if I want, three days to do absolutely nothing if I don't want to. Three days to have Josh grill for me..Yay me!!! (he loves to grill and I love to eat what he grills) And, since this is Memorial Day weekend, three days to ponder what life is truly about and to remember those who have gone on before us. So today, I am grateful for holidays, especially when they are part of a three day weekend. So tell me what will YOU be doing over your long holiday week-end???

http://blog.siena.org/uploaded_images/sunburn-712257.jpg


http://www.imageenvision.com/md/stock_photography/caucasian_family_barbecuing_at_a_picnic.jpg


http://www.baristanet.com/Memorial%20Day.jpg

13 comments:

Dr Zibbs said...

I have so much to do around the house but I don't feel like spending the whole weekend in the yard.

I deserve servants.

~Thought's By Dena~/ JDs Gift Shack said...

yes you do Zibbs....as do I!!!!!!!

RileyScott said...

playing video games, and not much else, whoohoo!

~Tom~ said...

Usually we try to go family camping but, with everything else lately, that is not happening. I would like to say I am going to spend it outside, but last I heard we are in for rain. I also have to get through a 10 hour tour at work on Saturday night first. So honestly, I am not really sure. I can promise you one thing though. It won't be anything I really should be doing! LOL

The Pink Birdhouse said...

Hi Dena, thanks for stopping by my very first Friday Town shoot-out on my blog! It WAS a lot of red. :-) Ahh, Memorial Day weekend, I miss that time of year in NJ. We had a holiday weekend here in Germany but it was just a small one, the big memorial-day comparable one is coming up next weekend for us too. There is something special about the feel of a holiday, it makes me just want to smile inside, happy that there is a day off, happy that something special is happening, glad that life is giving me something to celebrate! Here is wishing you a GREAT memorial Day. take care, and see you soon on our blogs, Debby

Joanie said...

I love the picture of the sleeping guy! hahahaha!!!!

I will be working on Saturday and Monday, but off on Sunday. Weather permitting, I think we're going to pack a picnic and go to our favorite park. We love to people watch and stroll along the lake. Maybe bring a game to play on the picnic tables.

Missy said...

I have so much to do in and around the house that a weekend will not cover it! I have to work Monday! Shouldn't that be against the law? LOL

Joanie said...

I thought I commented already.

I will be working Saturday and Monday. On Sunday, weather permitting, we're going to pack a picnic and go to our favorite park. Bring a board game or two, take a walk along the lake path, do some people watching. See who's crazy enough to go in the water.

Cozyflier said...

Happy Long weekend Dena! The school changed up the calendar so we still have 1 full day and 2 1/2 days of school next week!

I'll be getting ready for family to visit. I'll be 'working' this weekend whether I want to or not!

Sally's World said...

well, have a great weekend, we actually have a sunny few days ahead...unheard of, so we'll be off to the park, in the garden and outside as much as possible. xxx

Kathy B! said...

Mostly chores with a healthy dose of laying by the pool thrown in for good measure.

Happy three day weekend to you :)

Joyful said...

Love the picture of the man and the bras!

We will be at the beach for a week. Yea! It's rainy there now, but hopefully the sun will show up sooner than later.

Just Jules said...

We had to travel - visit cemeteries, plus there is still work to do - dock work.

But, school is still in session here and we haven't slipped into summer mode yet.