Total Pageviews

Monday, May 18, 2009

Warning Labels

Did you ever notice the warning label on your hair dryer? I don’t know what made me actually read that label, although I think it had something to do with the fact that my hair dryer started making a funny noise so I guess I was looking for something on the warning. and this is what I found:
Do NOT use while sleeping

Now what are the odds that I was actually going to do that while sleeping? I don’t know about you, but when I’m sleeping, I’m actually sleeping. Maybe they meant not to use the hair dryer while sleepwalking. In which case, isn’t the warning futile? I mean, if I’m sleepwalking, I’m probably not going to read the label and if I actually did, the voice of reason is probably still sleeping and will likely let me carry on with my silly plan to dry my already dry hair; unless of course I showered while I was sleeping, too. Then maybe the hair dryer warning makes sense. So now does my shower have a similar warning? my hair dryer also had this warning:
Do NOT use in the shower
Really? Wouldn’t it be a waste of time to begin drying my hair while still in the shower?

After seeing this I had to check out some other things.....and here ya go

On one of the tags on my sons shirt it said: It is not safe to wear this shirt near open flames (ok well is it actually EVER safe for a child to be near open flames??)I think not!!!
On my deodorant:
For external use only. You can be sure that if you’re experiencing an internal odor problem, there’s a separate product for that. Your deodorant would likely burn like hell if you tried to substitute, but I’m betting most of us didn’t need to be told that. RIGHT???
Do not iron garments while wearing them: I rarely iron anything because I much prefer put on and go aspect of things, but if I do feel the need to iron something, you can bet if I've already put it on and I think it needs to be ironed..Im taking it off to put on something else!!!!
Do not eat toner: On a toner cartridge for a laser printer. seriously??? Is this a problem for some???
May irritate eyes: On a can of self-defense pepper spray...nooooo you think???
Remove plastic before eating:On the wrapper of a Fruit Roll-Up snack...oh damn I was so looking forward to that plastic wrap!!!
Remove occupants from the stroller before folding it..ok seriously if you have to be told this...then don't even bother taking them for a walk!!

Who ARE the people that need to be warned of these things? I want to know because I want to meet them if for no other reason then to laugh at them!!

4 comments:

~Tom~ said...

LOL Those are the same people that sue for things like getting sick after putting the contraceptive jelly on toast and getting sick after eating it. Yes that was an actual lawsuit! I enjoyed this post. Thanks for the chuckles kiddo.

SweetPeaSurry said...

LMHO ... I love warning tags. I know I saw an article or post or something somewhere about 'contradictory warnings' on labels ... if I find it I'll forward it to you. It was also hilarious!

And ... as Tom said ... the people that need the warnings are litigation happy retards. For example, the woman that sued McDonalds because she burned herself on their hot coffee. *big huge eye-roll*

blessings!

Mary@Holy Mackerel said...

Yeah, I'm with ya. I think they make those warnings for those of us who are actually aliens, and don't know a hairdryer from a pillow.

Sally's World said...

Oh I love these...its so funny, and you know things like BBQ's and electric fires warn you not to touch them when hot...because it might casur burning!!!!

mind you there are some prize idiots out there!