Total Pageviews

Friday, May 8, 2009

To my mom....I miss you

My mom died 10 1/2 years ago after a 6 year battle with cancer she was only 49. This is for her:




Mom I thought about you today,
I can’t believe it’s been ten years
I miss you more with each passing day
I still can’t seem to stop my tears

It's been many years now, Mom,
since the day you went away;
Yet it seems like just last night,
I watched you fade away.

Mom, when you closed your eyes,
I knew my heart would break.
So many things we didn’t do
so many trips we didn’t take.

I miss all the things you did for me
the things we did together
all the thing we should have done
but I thought we had forever

I made so many promises to you
I said I would give you the moon
If only you could stay one more day
And not go away so soon

For now I go on missing you
And wishing you where here
To see the wonderful love I’ve found
To see the grandsons you held so dear

We make sure they know about you
We’ve taught them you live inside their heart
They are everything you knew they'd be
Beautiful, loving and smart

You are our special guardian angel
To help us along life’s path
For though we try to hold it close
The time is going much to fast

Mom I know I said I’m missing you
And the life you left behind
But your legacy reverberates in song
You “Loved a lot in your time”







11 comments:

Sally's World said...

oh my god Dena, this is so beautiful, what a beautiful woman and daughter you are, you mum will be so proud of you...

I'm crying too now, i'm sending this to my mum to read, her mum died five years ago on 5th march 2004, 2 years to the day before aaron passed away on 5th March 2006, i think its one of the reasons i feel so strongly about my nan being there to look after him.

these words will give my mum comfort, i know this is close to how she feels about her own mum.

thank you for sharing ((HUG))

Just SO said...

I'm so sorry about the loss of your mom. It's hard especially when they leave us so early on. What a great poem and beautiful song.

vgsmom said...

I'm so sorry for your loss--I lost my dad 2 1/2 years ago. I guess I need to go hug my mom.

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

Beautiful poem. Your mom was clearly a very special lady.

My mom was diagnosed with breast cancer two years ago and, knock on wood, is doing great. It's been a helluva ride, though.

I found you via Julie at 47 and Starting Over. I'll be a loyal follower from now on. Stop on over to my place if you get a chance. I've pulled out a comfy chair for you.;-)

Joanie said...

That was lovely, Dena. My mom passed away 9 years ago. She missed the millenium by two and a half months.

~Tom~ said...

Sometimes you just leave me sitting here speechless with a tear in my eye and a lump in my throat. This is one of those times my friend. Hugz....

Dr Zibbs said...

Sorry to hear that. Death has been in my head lately as my favorite Aunt died the other week and I'm going to another funeral tomorrow for my Uncle.

The Pink Birdhouse said...

Dena, that is just so beautiful, I am sitting here with tears in my eyes, knowing just how it is to miss your mom. My mom passed away in September, and when she left, I felt like an orphan, having lost my father more then 14 years ago. And since we lost my husband's parents only over the past few years, we suddenly stand here with no one. I think that no matter how old we are, we will always be children as long as we have parents. I miss that feeling very very much!! thinking of you, and sending a hug your way from one mom-less gal to another!! xoxoxoxo Debby

The Me/ The Wife/ The Mom said...

Dena - I'm sorry for your loss, but so happy that you had such a fantastic, loving mother! You obviously were both good to each other and live in the love you shared to this day. What a gift for both of you!

Hugs!

Cheryl said...

Oh Dena, you have me in tears...I wish I had half the relationship with my mom that you had with yours. You did an awesome job on the poem...very touching. I belive too that she is watching over you...I know both of my Grandma's do for me and my children. Take care and God Bless!
(((HUGZ)))

Me said...

That was really beautiful! I matches my life exactly...I lost my mom 5 years ago..I miss her so much!!