Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 28, 2009

OMG!!!!

Ok so picture this Josh finally gets home after doing one of his over nighters for work...Im so excited to see him...he changed into some comfy clothes and we went out on the back deck to relax and talk for a bit
http://www.summersetatfrickpark.com/images/CoupleDrinkingPorch.jpg

Then all of the sudden I hear "mom" and its the tone in the voice that just makes your heart start racing and you just know something is wrong....so I get up and go into the house...to be greeted by this, (although it was way worse but this was the best picture I could find)
http://www.thewe.cc/thewe_/images_5/____/us_israel_attack_on_gaza___/boy_blood_on_face.jpe

only on MY SON!!!! I thought omg...Im going to pass out!!!! I didnt, but I did yell OH MY GOD really loud...Devin was apparently out with a friend doing some kind of "stunts" and one went wrong...he cut his head open and then ran down the block to get home to mom and thats why the blood was all over the face...and the shirt...and the floor...and oooooohhhhh my god lets just say it was everywhere.....again I thank God for Josh as he took over and checked out the damage and helped me get Devin taken care of and clean up the mess...and assure me that it would all be ok..........so much for relaxation!!!!

*he did make it thru the night and seems to be back to his normal little 11 year old self today...with strict rules no more "stunts" !!!!

* the pictures shown obviously are not us...as no one was out back snapping pics of Josh and I or at least not to my knowledge...and we look way hotter then that couple!!! and there was no way I was thinking grab a camera and get a picture of Dev's bloody face


13 comments:

Crazee Juls said...

Oh my... I would have been so freaked out. I don't have boys..but I've noticed from my nephews, that they're way more dare-devilish than girls.... I would be in constant panic mode. Glad everything turned out ok!!

RileyScott said...

I hope your son feels better.

Don't worry, I cracked my head open like that once, no lasting damages....except for the voices....



jkjkjkjkjkjkjk

Slyde said...

ouch! that brought back chills from when i was 12 and i took a hockey stick to the face and ran home screaming for my mother, covered in blood.....

hope hes feeling better!

vgsmom said...

On my-- I'm so glad that God blessed me with a non-dare devil daughter. But I can't count how many time my brother looked just like that picture.

The Pink Birdhouse said...

glad to hear he is doing okay! It reminds me so much of the time my son fell from the back of a chair on to the cement sidewalk, putting a good sized hole there and blood was everywhere. It was not so much the blood, as you say, as the fact that it was on my son! I hope the little patient is doing good today! Debby

Karen in Texas said...

How scary! Glad he was okay and that hubby was there to help you get him taken care of.

Cheryl said...

I know how you feel...Kylee and Josh were upstairs playing when I hear a scream and then crying...I rush upstairs and Kylee has her hand over her mouth and is crying hysterically...I ask her what's wrong and she removes her hand and all I see is her whole mouth covered in blood! I yell "OH MY GOD, WHAT HAPPENED!" not expecting an answer because she's bleeding profusely and crying...long story short, she and Josh had collided and her mouth got the brunt of it. Her new tooth had cut her lip and the gum above her tooth was somehow cut too. Josh didn't suffer even the slightest scratch. She had a fat lip for a few hours and now it's bruised. I'm just hoping there isn't any permanent damage to her tooth!

I hope Devin feels better today. Hopefully he won't be doing any more stunts! :o)

Homer and Queen said...

Ok that was cool! I would have grabbed the camera! I can say that 'cause it wasn't my kid! I am sorry for you but you should have gotten a photo so 6 years from now when he thinks he knows everything...you could show it to him and say "Hey! you used to think I could make it all better"!

Hope he is better!

~Tom~ said...

Oh I can imagine how panicked you were. I am glad Devin is ok though.

Cozyflier said...

Thank heavens it wasn't serious. I know when one of my kids gets hurt I go into panic mode and yell for Kev!!

Hugs for speedy healing.

Carrie

Lady of Perpetual Chaos said...

I would have FREAKED OUT!!! Good call on the no more stunts rule. ;o)

zelzee said...

Oh, Lord, I have had so many of those times with my son when he was growing up............it freaked me out each time!!

And you are much cooler than the posed couple on the front porch.......unless that's straight whiskey they are drinking

Just SO said...

How scary! I'm glad he's okay.