Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Thought 4 Thursday

Thank you to everyone that sent Happy birthday comments and emails to me...you guys made me feel so very special...and made turning 41 not seem so bad after all!! I had a great day...lots of phone calls...lots of cards and gifts..."joshy" took me out to eat and even baked me a birthday cake!!! It was yummmmmmy!!!!! Anyway my thought for today is actually about getting older

The older I get, I've realized that there’s a lot to be learned if you keep an open mind, an open spirit. There’s wisdom out there. I’ve learned patience,I finally realized that things don’t happen overnight And I’ve learned to not try to make things happen but to just let them happen and accept them. When you’re young you try to control everything; that’s where having life experience comes in. You find things that work and things that don’t work. It’s simple. You keep what works and drop what doesn’t. Over the years I’ve learned to just go with my instincts and trust them. The experience of living certainly has taught me something. Has it you?

9 comments:

~Tom~ said...

Love the thought for today. I am sitting here smiling. Hugz kiddo.

Sally's World said...

great post, and my goodness, yes, the lessons we learn through life....xxxxx

Cheryl said...

Sorry I missed telling you Happy Birthday yesterday...I haven't been doing birthdays, anniversaries, etc. this year....too many to keep up with. I hope you don't hate me for not saying anything....don't take it personal...I didn't even tell my own sister Happy Birthday in May...and won't be doing anyone else's either. Now that the kids are getting older and into more and more activities, I just don't have time to do EVERYTHING like I use to...sounds like you had a happy one though...wish my hubby would bake me a cake....no...wait a minute, no, I don't...he'd probably burn it...LOL He doesn't even know how to run the oven...LMAO!

RileyScott said...

You mean that one day I'm going to be patient and wise....AHHHH the horror!

jk, great lessons Dena

~Thought's By Dena~/ JDs Gift Shack said...

Cheryl its ok...been there done that myself
and Riley...can you even imagine that happening?????? hehe

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

With age comes wisdom...either that or you're six feet under! The hardest part is trying to tell the kids this will work or that will work. I finally just sit back and realize they have to make those decisions to learn...just like I had to. Happy day after!!

Scot said...

Yep. Wish I had learned sooner the things I can and can't control. Would have made some things much easier.

Sorry about all the posts yesterday. Computer was going haywire.

Heather said...

Wonderful thoughts.. I'd like to think we're all getting wiser with age. Maybe? I hope I am, at least.
Glad you had a good day!

Lady of Perpetual Chaos said...

Fabulous thoughts. I hope I'm learning something with age as well.