Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom





~Diana Lynn Perkins~Align Center
Born: June 23, 1949
Died: January 18, 1999
Missed so much by her children and grandchildren
She fought cancer for 5 1/2 years before it took her life

(sorry the pics aren't better..scanner doesnt work so I had to take a picture with my cell of the pictures and send them to computer so they didnt turn out very clear)


Today she would be 60.....I can't help but to wonder what would she look like at 60 years old.....many tell me all the time how much I look like her...so I can't help but wonder what she would look like now....maybe to get a glimpse of what I have to look forward to in about 20 years.....but mostly because after 10 1/2 years of not seeing her or hearing her voice or feeling her touch...or even smelling her smell I just can't help but wonder what would it be like now. Even though you have been in heaven for 10 1/2 years now mom I wish you a Happy Birthday....
I love you and I miss you with all of my heart!!!



God Saw You

God saw you getting tired,
When a cure was not to be.
So He wrapped his arms around you,
and whispered, "Come to me".
You didn't deserve what you went through,

So He gave you rest.
God's garden must be beautiful,

He only takes the best
And when I saw you sleeping,
So peaceful and free from pain
I could not wish you back
To suffer that again !



11 comments:

Kathy B! said...

I'm sorry that you are celebrating your mother's birthday without her there to share it with you.

I hope you have peace in your memories of your time together.

((hugs))

RileyScott said...

happy birthday to your mom Dena, and yeah the resemblance is uncanny

~Tom~ said...

We both know that your mother is with you always. She has shown you the signs and you have said to me several times you know it was her. My thoughts and my prayers are with you always but, even more so today. Hugz kiddo.....

Crazee Juls said...

What a sweet birthday post. How beautiful! :) I thought the pictures were great, thanks for sharing them.

Sally's World said...

what a great tribute, and that poem reduced me to tears, very moving....

happy birthday Diana xxxx

Meeko Fabulous said...

Happy Birthday to your mom. She's happy knowing you still remember her. That's how she lives on.

Barry said...

A beautiful tribute to your mother during a difficult time. Cancer is a terrible thing.

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

Now I have a huge lump in my throat after reading the post and then the poem...a Happy Birthday to your Mom who I know from your writing, is with you always. She's blowing out the candles in Heaven for sure!

zelzee said...

As a recent cancer survivor, I must tell you your post moved me.

What a beautiful testimony to your mother. And..........the pictures are beautiful!

Deb said...

Dena, thank you for visiting my blog yesterday, hope my silly pajama pics brightened your day! I was trying to get a giggle out of friend Jules. Your birthday post is truly beautiful. I can only imagine how living without your mom must be like. I will remember your tradition of celebrating your mom's life even though she's moved onward. What wonderful way to honor her.

Momza said...

A lovely tribute to your mom. She left a beautiful legacy in You.