Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Designer Babies...NO WAY!!!

I heard this on the news last night and I am totally appalled by it...I realize that some people that read this might think its a cool idea and that's your opinion since this is my blog I get to write about MY opinion...and I think its WRONG!!! What am I talking about you ask????? Designer babies...that's right a fertility clinic in California who has already helped parents pick out the sex of their babies is now wanting to offer parents the chance to actually design their baby..what color of eyes , hair color,do you want it straight or curly, do you want your baby to be tall, short. First I find it appalling that these people waste time and money on research such as this when there is so much research that could be done on ways to diagnose and treat and hopefully cure diseases. And whatever happened to you get pregnant and have a baby surprised by its eye and hair color..saying awwww he/she has your eyes, no now its going to be yes its the eyes we picked out and the hair we wanted. This is just absurd to me!!! Oh and on top on this the cost to be able to have this crazy procedure done $18,000!!!! And according to the clinic , not all patients will qualify for these tests and they make NO guarantees as to ‘perfect prediction’ of things such as eye color or hair color. Oh brother in world where so many are not even able to have a baby this kind of craziness really gets to me. People really need to stop messing with the natural ways things are suppose to be done because if they don't I think there will be those to pay the price for it in the end.

http://atelier.inf.unisi.ch/~mosam/images/baby.jpg

3 comments:

Sally's World said...

It is outrageous...personally I don't think even chosing the sex of your baby is appropriate, when friends are having babies and hoping for boy/girl, i think okay, so maybe they may fleetingly think it would be nice...but it doesn't really matter. this is madness!

all my babies are different, i couldn't love them more boy/girl and all my babies are beautiful, like ALL babies,nature intends for us to hve the children we do, so cant we leave it alone????

xxx

Joanie said...

I'm with you on this 100%. I think they're messing with stuff that should be left alone.

RileyScott said...

Things like this make my head hurt, and slightly worry for the future of our race.