Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 15, 2009

something I heard on the radio

Ok I was driving my youngest to school and I had the radio on when I heard them talking about some 22-year-old woman who is selling her virginity online , offering her body to bidders nationwide in an auction that reportedly has netted a $3.7 million offer , and the law isn't doing a thing to stop her. They say the FBI isn't interested. The U.S. attorney doesn't care. Everything is fine by local police, and she isn't breaking any laws. The 22-year-old California college grad, is marketing this in Nevada, where prostitution is legal, it has had more than 10,000 bidders. And to top it off the winning bidder and this 22 year old will do their thing at a brothel called the Moonlite Bunny Ranch in Nevada. Im sitting here thinking you have got to be kidding me!!!! I mean someone is willing to spend over 3 million dollars to have sex with someone because they say they are a virgin???? Honestly does this even make any sense??? I mean sure we all know that there are people that just have so much money they don't know what to do with it, but we are living in a crisis where there are plenty of ways for you to use that money for some good that could benefit many people in great need. And if this person wants to say oh but the money is going to be used to finace this 22 year old and her sisters way thru grad school, (which is what this 22 yr. old is saying the money will be used for) Then Id have to say if thats what you are wanting to do then start a scholarship fund and help finance many thru school. I realize this is just my opinion, but to me its ridiculous the things that some people will do just for their 15 minutes of fame. Instead of doing something good that would last much longer!

1 comment:

~Tom~ said...

Well all I can think is if she can get over a million for her virginity, I should be able to get at least a couple hundred for my old used body! Woohoo! Cracker Barrel here I come!