Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A little catch up....

Wow its been a looooong time since Ive been on here and actually wrote something more than a quick hello to let you know I was still alive. I do apologize and I do have to say thanks for sticking around and seeing if Id return..and also for those of you that sent me little emails or text messages to see if I was ok. Nothing makes you feel better than knowing that someone out there misses you. I kind of got off the bloggy track when Josh lost his job I guess I felt I didnt know what to write about and I wanted to just concentrate on what to do next. He still doesnt have a job, not even any bites, which is a little sad but on the other hand its been nice having him around to fulfill my "honey-do" list..hehe We did REALLY well with our online store over the Christmas season, honestly it was a heaven sent. And to start the new year off right we got in with a couple new suppliers and have even added a merchant account so we can now take credit cards. For us this is very exciting, so I just wanted to share it with everyone.

My boys (Kody 21, Devin 11, Dakota 20)

Our holidays were spent at home, Josh making all the meals and I making all the goodies to eat....we had his parents, my dad and my three boys here, it was nice. Lots of food...lots of game playing..lots of movie watching....lots of laughs and to me thats what the holidays should be about anyway. Kody has been here at home during his whole Christmas break its been so nice, I know when he leaves this week-end Im going to feel like Im going thru what I went thru when he first left home to go to college...ugh Im such a cry-baby!!! But this time with him has been so nice, and he has given Devin so much attention Im thinking he's going to be crying right along with mom when Kody goes back to school. Dakota had to leave us the day after Christmas as he just started a new job and didnt have any extra time off. But we enjoyed having him home for a couple days too!!

Now its the New year.....boy am I hoping this year is better than the last one!!! Josh and I decided that we were going to try doing something about all the extra weight we have put on. I have actually gone up TWO sizes since Ive been with Josh....UGH!!! Its all the good cooking HE does..Im not even lying!! So we decided to start eating lighter..drinking lots more water...and exercising. AND Josh has decided to stop smoking! Im really excited about this one, as Im not a smoker and I worry alot about his health. Its only been a few days and its not been the easiest thing to deal with but we are both determined to make these changes in our lives.



Taken BEFORE we had too much to drink



Devin having fun with the party hats

Kody bringing in the New Year with mom!!


Nothing like a few drinks and a snuggie to keep you warm..hehe


Right now we are dealing with below zero temperatures, winds blowing 35 mph, trees covered with ice, snow covering the ground, the lights have been flickering all day...oh I just love winter time in Nebraska!!!!! (NOT)


http://www.climatechangenews.org/archive/arch-pix/sutton-small.jpg

9 comments:

THE DAILY GRIPE said...

Thank you for welcoming me back Dena! I have to say.. you have a very handsome group of boys. I can see why you are so very pround of them. I love the snuggie picture, it's too cute! I think I need a snuggie, I've been freezing my ass off here in Pennsylvania!

I'm glad I'm back, I missed reading all of my favorite bloggers postings!

Take care girlfriend!!

glitterbygrammie said...

Great to see you back. It is cold here also. But not like there.

Lisa said...

Eh, why lose the weight, you can just run around town in your snuggie if you can't fit in your jeans.

I'm KIDDING. Here's to a new year of health and prosperity to your so cool family. Glad to see you back and still smiling. You're awesome!

Smiles,
Lisa

Matty said...

I'm glad to see you back Dena. Sounds like a cozy family Christmas there in Nebraska. It's always nice when the entire family gets together over the holidays. I think we're all in the same boat with this freeze that is covering much of the country. We're freezing over here.

Check out my Twas the Night Before Christmas post where you play a leading role.

Heather said...

Love the pictures - especially the one with the snuggie!! Looks like y'all had a great new year's eve!!

Happy 2010!! :)

Cheryl said...

WOW, the boys are growing up so fast!! Looks like you guys had an awesome time...glad to hear you were all able to spend the holidays together. We all got Snuggies for Christmas...they're wonderful!! :o)

Cozyflier said...

Hi Dena, glad you had an awesome holiday. The fam looks wonderful! Happy New Year wishes for everyone and for everything to work out the way it is meant to be.

Hugs,
Carrie

Meeko Fabulous said...

I'm glad you're all doing well. *hugs* :)

Anonymous said...

Keep posting stuff like this i really like it