Total Pageviews

Monday, January 18, 2010

For you mom

Eleven years ago today I lost my mom. Growing up mom and I didnt always get along...we actually didnt get along at all! It wasn't until I was an adult and had kids of my own that we finally became the best of friends. She leaned on me while she battled 6 years of cancer and I stayed strong for her the whole time..even though it felt like I was dying inside.
I had her move in with us up until it was no longer feasible because she had lost the use of her legs and I was pregnant with Devin and there was no way I could help her up and down the stairs in our house. So I found a place that she could stay , I would take my new born Devin and go spend each and every day with her, up until it was time to go pick up his big brothers from school. And two nights of the week we would all go and spend hours with her.
Watching someone that you love so much slowly leave you is so heartbreaking. The feeling of wanting so much to be able to make things better for them and take away any discomfort they have but yet there is absolutely nothing that you can do is one of the hardest things in the world to deal with. I miss her so very much, and I cant even count how many times in the last 11 years that I have wished I could just pick up the phone and ask her a question. Just to hear her voice again would be so calming, to feel her hug again would do wonders for me. If even for a moment I could just look into her eyes and just get that feeling that everything would be alright ,would be so amazing. But for now I hold on to her memory and hold her close to my heart.
This week-end we went to put out flowers for her, Devin and I built her a small little snowman. We forgot our gloves so we froze our hands off , but I knew that she was looking down at us and just smiling at how silly we were and that in return made me smile.

I love and I miss you Mom, as much today as I did the day you first left.




God saw you getting tired. When a cure was not to be, He closed his arms around you and whispered, "Come to Me". In tears we saw you sinking. We watched you fade away. Our hearts were almost broken, you fought so hard to stay. But when we saw you sleeping so peacefully free from pain, We could not wish you back to suffer so again. So keep your arms around her Lord, and give her special care. Make up for all she suffered and all that seemed unfair.


http://www.tamaracflorist.biz/catalog/images/V150-roses.jpg

If Roses Grow in Heaven

If roses grow in Heaven Lord
Please pick a bunch for me.
Place them in my Mother's arms
and tell her they're from me.
Tell her I love her and miss her,
and when she turns to smile,
Place a kiss upon her cheek
and hold her for a while.
Because remembering her is easy,
I do it everyday,
But there is an ache within my heart
That will never go away.


01_love-mom.gif love you mom image by tinkerbell111103


9 comments:

Momza said...

Looks like you're missing your Mom alot today. I hope she lets you know somehow someway that she is not far away.
Hugs,
Dawn

My Aimless Infatuation said...

Without a doubt this pretty Lady IS smiling down on you each and everyday. Missing a parent is a hard thing and watching them suffer is even harder. This post was Beautiful Dena.

~Tom~ said...

I know the pain you feel each year on this day and you know my heart is with you. I have no doubt that your mom is proud of you and the life you work so hard to have. That "little birdy" has whispered it to me many times. Hugz to you across the miles my dearest friend.

Matty said...

Dena, what a sincere and heartfelt way of remembering your mom. I know quite a few women who didn't get along with their mom at all UNTIL they had families of their own. Then they were closer than you would have ever thought.

I know we talked about cancer a while back, and I feel your pain. I've lost people to this dreaded disease, and the battle continues with others close to me.

I'm sorry for your loss, and I know that time doesn't always ease the pain. But you sure do have a great way of filling the void with your sincere tribute to her.

((Hugs))

Joanie said...

A lovely tribute to your dear Mom. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Cheryl said...

I'm not very good with words in situations like this, so I will just say ((HUGZ)) Wish I could be there in person to give ya a hug!

Meeko Fabulous said...

I never know what to say and usually end up opening my mouth and inserting foot, so I'll just say . . . Love you and *hugs* :)

Unknown said...

a BIG (((HUG))) for you! Im sorry for the loss and pain.

Rebecca said...

A beautiful tribute to your mom. Prayers for you!