Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 10, 2011

My Soldier turns 23 today


Kody..given his momma one of his bear hugz




My oldest..Kody turned 23 today....he's over in Iraq right now fulfilling his duties as a soldier...I am so very proud of him as he has turned out to be the kind of son everyone would want. He is truly beautiful inside and out. Though he never grew up wanting to be a soldier...never dreamed about it talked about it nothing...when he was a freshman in college he and a buddy decided to join the National Guard....was one of the hardest things for me to accept..and yet in a way I was so very proud of him. He thought being in college he would be safe from deployment....we found out the hard way thats not the case. He's been gone since November and I miss him so very much..and today as I spend the day without him physically with me....I hold him in my heart and I realize that I couldnt be any more proud of him then I am right now...he may not be doing what he wanted to be doing but hes doing it and he's making the best of it....and he reminds me every day that he has grown up and he is going to be ok.

I LOVE YOU KODY.....and HAPPY 23rd BIRTHDAY!!!!








No comments: