Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Happy Birthday


Twenty years ago today I was holding you in my arms...looking in those beautiful eyes and thanking God once again for giving me another healthy baby boy. I should of known then that you was going to be the one that was never going to do anything the easy way..... my water broke early in the morning but you just wasn't ready to come out yet and then finally late that night I started having horrible contractions and the doctor told me that you managed to get the umbilical cord wrapped around your neck and we had to have an emergency c-section....yep that should of been my sign...that you was going to do everything the hard way


As the years went by you was always my little dare devil...climbing trees...doing tricks on your bike...or the skateboard...always running in the house with a scraped knee or elbow or then there was the time that you did a trick on the trampoline that didnt go as planned and you bit a HUGE hole in your cheek.....omg I can still remember the horror of seeing that hole!!!!!






You always had to work harder at your school work then your older brother and it always made me feel sad inside and yet proud of you for never giving up.....you played sports...had a job and went to school.....and then decided after high school to go learn more about what you love....how to work on cars. Im so proud of you Dakota and the man you are becoming....Its been an awesome thing watching you grow up. You have such a sweet, kind and loving side to you and I hope that you never lose that. Your smile can make anyone just melt. I love you with all my heart and the last 20 years have been awesome...I can't wait to see what happens in your life in the next 20!!!!!




Dakota did come home yesterday after class since he didnt have to work and he was ever so excited to see that mom made him his favorite chocolate cake with chocolate frosting to take back to his place and share with his friends.....now if I can just get the kid to shave...cuz honestly seeing him like this truly makes me feel even older and that can't happen......Im just sayin!!!

(and yes he came home straight from auto body class ...dirty and all..oooooh good times good times..hehe)





It was too funny I called Dakota before he went to class today (hes taking summer classes to get thru college faster) I wished him a Happy Birthday...he said he has classes til 3 today and then works from 3:30 til 10:30 tonight. We laughed about how sometimes being an adult kinda sucks!!!

11 comments:

Crazee Juls said...

Happy Birthday to Dakota! This post was so awesomely sweet. The chocolate cake--YUMMO--sounds like a super son you've raised there!

RileyScott said...

Happy birthday to you're second youngest, and happy mom day to you!

Homer and Queen said...

To the handsome B-Day boy: Yes, being an adult does suck.

Marisa said...

Good looking young lad. Kids do have a way of just growing up too fast. My oldest will be 30 next week and I don't feel like I am old enough to have her. That's a good thing!

Momza said...

Ha! It's my daughter's birthday today too...she's 25. Isn't it amazing how fast the years roll by?? We're all just so busy living...happy birthday to your son, Dakota. Which btw is also our lab's name...we call her Kota for short though.
Wild hunh?

~Thought's By Dena~/ JDs Gift Shack said...

I was leaving a comment on your blog about your daughters b-day at the same time you was leaving me one here...now thats too wild!!! oh and we call Dakota Kota for short too!!!

Kathy B! said...

Congrats on this special day! You must feel so proud as you reflect back on what you've accomplished together :)

Hope he has a great birthday.

~Tom~ said...

Happy birthday Dakota! 22? wow! Where is the time going?

Delena said...

Dakota, what a cool name for a boy. Happy birthday to your son and I am really enjoying your blog!

seashore subjects said...

I am returning your visit, thanks for stopping by. It is amazing to me how quickly kids grow. Hope he had a good day and enjoyed his cake!

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

Happy Birthday to Dakota...a great tribute from his Mom too :-)! Unfortunately, life does suck as an adult sometimes, but that's the part of growing up...good times too!