Total Pageviews

Monday, March 28, 2011

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME


This morning I seen a story about Abercrombie & Fitchs new padded swimwear for little girls..we are talking girls the ages of 7-12....are you kidding me with this???? I realize that this brand has become popular by sexualizing young people....and Im not one that agrees with that either but now for girls of this age..I truly feel they have gone too far!!! There is no reason that a young girl needs to be wearing a so called "push-up" bikini.....what is this world coming to???? What ever happened to letting girls just be girls and allowing them to grow up slowly.....why are we insisting on making them grow up so fast..or having them see them self sexually at such a young age....or feel that they shouldn't just be proud of who they are without coming up with something as ridiculous as push-up swimwear. Oh let me state they did decide to remove the word push-up in their advertising and just use padded instead...yeah that makes me feel a whole lot better!!! I don't know about you but I find this completely despicable!!!!
Children's lives are being polluted by pressure and a false perception of beauty. Being manipulated in this way, by things such as media and fashion can lead to less obvious effects, such as, damaged self esteem and lack of confidence. I'm sure this wasn't intended when the "push-up" swimwear was being designed. However, I believe people in the industry should have thought twice before letting a product such as this go ahead and be made and sold. I just hope there are enough parents out there that feel the same way as I do.

2 comments:

My Aimless Infatuation said...

Here's one that feels the same as you!!

Cozyflier said...

Dena, AMEN sister! I have one daughter of 4 kids, and this is CRAZY! Girls are embarrassed enough about developing and are doing so at younger and younger ages, they don't need these STUPID bathing suits! This kind of product is just asking for trouble. Do we want our babies raped? I think all Moms should boycott this company!